This morning I went for a long walk. As Ron wasn't with me, I kept up a running conversation with myself instead of him. While most people would be admiring the view of the Panama Canal and the wonderful sights of the city, I had some different observations....
1) A pedicure really IS necessary after a month. Although I have a tendency to see what I want, even I could tell that only 50% polish coverage was inadequate, and that living on a boat is no excuse.
2) Just because I was wearing a dress and a bit of jewelry, did not make me a lady. No lady I have ever met sweats from her eyebrows.
3) Wearing a dress while using a backpack, causes your dress to hike up past your granny panties. At first, I was quite proud of the fact that cars were honking at me, until I realized that perhaps they were protesting the sights before them.
4) It is not smart to set off after several cups of coffee and a bowl of fruit, before your morning constitutional. I have enough laundry to do as it is.
5) If I do not want to look like an aged prune (redundant, I know) before my 53rd birthday, I need to make sure I have a hat with me at all times. Sunglasses alone do not cut it.
6) An ignored grain of sand between your toes will give you a blister.
7) Shade comes in many forms. When I lived in British Columbia during pre-sailing days, I never fully appreciated the joys of a cloud.
8) It's hard to find a good antiperspirant.
9) It seems that all the alcohol I've been consuming has contributed to something happening to my inner thighs.